FFC 100 Research Guide
Welcome to the research guide for FFC 100. The purpose of this guide is to take you through the material covered in the information literacy session. This guide also links to a set of tools that you will need in order to identify, evaluate, and locate information resources such as books, articles, and websites. These information resources will be invaluable to your research process for FFC 100 projects.
Feel free to return to this guide as often as you want.
Would you know what to do if your professor asked you to:
- Find a scholarly article on a topic for a research paper?
- How will you construct good database searches?
- How will you know if an article is “scholarly?”
- What if it had to be a “peer reviewed” article?
- How will get the full text of the article?
- Use high quality and appropriate sources?
- Find all of the books in the library on a particular topic?
- Cite your sources of information?
At the end of this session, you will be prepared to accomplish these tasks.